BS EN 54 is the series of BSI’s British Standards that relate to “Fire detection
and fire alarm systems” and, specifically, their manufacture.
At the time of writing, the current and available parts are as follows:
- BS EN 54-1:1996 - Introduction
- BS EN 54-2:1998 - Control and
- BS EN 54-3:2001 - Fire alarm devices. Sounders
EN 54-4:1998 - Power supply equipment
- BS EN 54-5:2001 - Heat detectors.
- BS EN 54-7:2001 - Smoke detectors. Point detectors using
scattered light, transmitted light or ionization
- BS EN 54-10:2002 - Flame
detectors. Point detectors
- BS EN 54-11:2001 - Manual call points
- BS EN
54-12:2002 - Smoke detectors. Line detectors using an optical light beam
BS EN 54-13:2005 - Compatibility assessment of system components
- BS EN
54-17:2005 - Short-circuit isolators
- BS EN 54-18:2005 - Input/output
- BS EN 54-20:2006 - Aspirating smoke detectors
- BS EN 54-21:2006
- Alarm transmission and fault warning routing equipment
The British Standards are covered by copyright and are not available freely. However, these can be purchased at British Standard Online or alternatively, some libraries may carry copies of the more common standards.